Presbyopia (Old people’s sight)
Presbyopia is a refractive error associated with aging of the eye that results in progressively losing ability to focus clearly on near objects.
- It usually starts around the age of 40, there will be difficulties to focus on near objects, such as mobiles and books.
- Headache and eye train associated to reading books and viewing digital devices.
- For some severe cases, it may cause stiff neck and neck pain
Presbyopia is due to hardening of the lens inside the eye, causing the light to focus behind the retina instead of on the retina when looking at close objects.
Management of Presbyopia:
- Single vision reading glasses: only for near vision (close reading)
- Bi-focal glasses: for distant and near vision
- Progressive (multi-focal) glasses: helps in vision for distant, intermediate and near vision
In our shop, we provide PERSONALISED PROGRESSIVE LENS – Varilux X4D
Varilux X4D is Varilux’s best progressive lens allowing you to seamlessly capture every detail within arm’s reach with high precision, as well as beyond.
You will enjoy outstanding sharpness, continuous vision and fluidity from near to far.
The lens is personalised to you by our optometrists through our unique eyecode measures with visioffice- the latest personal optical measuring system. We can measure the parameters needed for progressive lenses production precisely and objectively.
The benefits of precise progressive lenses fitting and personalized progressive design are:
- Natural vision
- Enhanced vison clarity
- Relieve eye strain
Presbyopia Multifocal Contact Lens
Besides progressive spectacles, an alternative way to manage presbyopia is to wear contact lens. We have 2 kinds of presbyopia contact lenses to meet your needs, such as rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses and soft multifocal contact lenses.